Musings of a Night Nurse

My journal for musing about being a night nurse, life and death, life in general and my passion for knitting

My Photo
Name:
Location: New York, United States

I have been a nurse for 30 years in long term care. Now don't make that face! I believe we need to care for our elderly and they deserve a loving, dignified end of life experience. I am married to the most wonderful man in the world for 18 years. I have no children of my own, but due to my step-sons I have a wonderful 5 year old grandson! I am mom to 2 17 year old cats and a BIG black lab/great dane Buddy (yes he weighs 146 lbs) that is either the dumbest or smartest dog around! LOL

Tuesday, January 10, 2006

close up of buttons

 Posted by Picasa

1 Comments:

Blogger DJ said...

Nice start on your new blog. Cute little sweater. Gotta love that pattern?
As the mother of a son with TBI who lived 7 yrs. post-trauma, I can echo your feelings about the elderly and others in nursing homes. Also, as property manager of low income housing for the elderly. It just amazes me how these dear people are treated and ignored. Enough of 'my' rant.
Hugs,
DJ in SW MI

5:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home