Musings of a Night Nurse

My journal for musing about being a night nurse, life and death, life in general and my passion for knitting

My Photo
Name:
Location: New York, United States

I have been a nurse for 30 years in long term care. Now don't make that face! I believe we need to care for our elderly and they deserve a loving, dignified end of life experience. I am married to the most wonderful man in the world for 18 years. I have no children of my own, but due to my step-sons I have a wonderful 5 year old grandson! I am mom to 2 17 year old cats and a BIG black lab/great dane Buddy (yes he weighs 146 lbs) that is either the dumbest or smartest dog around! LOL

Sunday, January 08, 2006

I finally took the plunge!

Ok, so I needed a place to put my knitting and life thoughts. I used to do a graphics website, but really didn't want to get into all that again.....so I finally started a blog. No more excuses, I got a new digital camera for Christmas, so I guess now I will have to download to my computer and put some pics here of my knitting madness! Now don't get excited I am sooooo a newby at knitting, but I really enjoy it, and it gives me a way to relax after a hectic night at work.

Of course I am sure that work related content will show up here! Some funny, some sad, some tragic. Ok here is my first rant!

It is absolutely criminal the way our elderly are treated, by society, family, and people in general. Enough of that rant for now, it will come back in the future!

My FO in knitting include 6 easy shawls I made for my CNA's at work for Christmas, and 1 shawl for an absolutely wonderful lady I care for that has terminal cancer. Prayers and good thoughts went into each stitch of these.

UFO's I have 3 count them 3 baby sweaters that either need 1 more sleeve done or just to be sewn together. Will take pics after they are together. I have done about 10 dishcloths. I belong to a monthly dishcloth KAL that you can find here http://groups.yahoo.com/group/monthlydishcloths/

We have lots of fun!

I am also learning to knit socks! with double points, LOL it looks like a really scary weapon on all those needles, after I get that down, I will attempt to learn using 2 circs and the magic loop method.

Lord help me, I also joined FLAK which is a "follow the leader Aron KAL" Yes I have done sweaters but this will be my first Aran, and I actually get to "design" my own. I am swatching my fingers off right now to get the right gauge so I can custom fit it to ME! LOL Pictures of that will follow also.


Course I have to figure out how to put pics on here, as well as buttons for my KAL's. oh well there is no hurry right? Knitting and blogging are supposed to be calming. Can I have an AMEN?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home