Musings of a Night Nurse

My journal for musing about being a night nurse, life and death, life in general and my passion for knitting

My Photo
Name:
Location: New York, United States

I have been a nurse for 30 years in long term care. Now don't make that face! I believe we need to care for our elderly and they deserve a loving, dignified end of life experience. I am married to the most wonderful man in the world for 18 years. I have no children of my own, but due to my step-sons I have a wonderful 5 year old grandson! I am mom to 2 17 year old cats and a BIG black lab/great dane Buddy (yes he weighs 146 lbs) that is either the dumbest or smartest dog around! LOL

Sunday, February 19, 2006

Knitting Olympic Update

Well the sweater set for the Knitting Olympics is done. The color here isn't really accurate, it is a very pale yellow with speckles of pink, blue and orchid. I really like the way it turned out!

This is a close up of the buttons, which was useless to take a pic of. They are white but look like broken rainbow glass. Unfortunately my camera didn't pick that up at all!
I am now doing a blanket to match which is turning out to be alot harder then I thought. The center was a breeze, just a corner to corner garter stitch, but then you pick up stitches all around and add a feather and fan lace edging. Doesn't sound hard does it? Well I am having a heck of a time keeping the right number of stitches on each side. and because it is a square blanket, done in the round, it is all bunched up on the circular needles, making it hard to see if the pattern is coming out right. Sooooooo this will be an act of faith that in the end it will be lovely! Wish me luck. When this is done, it is back to my flak!

6 Comments:

Blogger Suzetta said...

Very nice. Good luck with the blanket. I know exactly what you mean about not being able to tell how it's tuning out because of being scrunched up on the circular needle.

I bet it will turn out beautiful.

10:29 AM  
Blogger AmyArtisan said...

What a beautiful baby layette set - I'm sure it will be treasured! Congrats on making such great progress on your Knitting Olympics event! I'm nearing the home stretch on my KO event - onto blocking! (Found your blog through the links on the Dishcloth KAL site)

2:27 PM  
Blogger Pooch said...

Your baby set is beautiful! Some lucky baby will look so precious wearing it. My five-hour sweater is stuck on Day Three!! I'm knitting other items! Yours is an inspiration to finish mine!

Lovely-lovely work!

:)

8:21 AM  
Blogger Katie said...

Wow--you're speedy! Beautiful job! And good luck on your blanket, too.

10:43 AM  
Blogger Tricotine said...

What a beautiful Layette set!

Good luck on the blanket!

Isabelle :)
http://tricotine.blogspot.com

8:56 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi. Absolutely beautiful. where can we find this pattern. or is it special. would love to give it a try.
it is really pretty. so dainty and sweet. thank you

8:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home